Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorry to ask daft Q - Voicemail Pro AA = Licences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsey

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
GB
Just a quick one for the gurus. I have a four port license for VM Pro and was wondering if Auto Attendant usage counted as a port - all our incoming calls go to AA to read a welcome greeting if the Receptionist is busy, does this use up a port on VMPro or is it only "mailbox" usage which consumes a port?

Thanks
Millsey

All calls between the IP Office and the Voicemail Pro service use a port, regardless of the direction or the type of function being accessed.

Basically only audio sessions are licensed, if you use VM Pro only for call routing without using voice prompts then you can do that.
I never tested how many connections can be handled at the same time but audioless connections like a date/time/holiday transfer action goes really quick.

!!! What, no way.

A simple module that contains just 'Transfer' action will take place so quick that in Monitor's Voicemail status screen it isn't even shown. But that's more to do with how often Monitor updates, the module still uses a port license even if only for a few milliseconds.

Just tested it on a 4-port licensed VMPro. Busied out all four ports with users doing mailbox access and then tried to make a fifth call, a short code to the aforesaid simple transfer callflow. No joy.

Callflow routing using things like "CLI Routing", "Route by Call Status", "Route Incoming Call" and "Transfer" actions with no prompts are quick enough to only use the VMPro for a few milliseconds but they still need an available licensed port in order to work. Slightly different from saying "only audio sessions are licensed".

Maybe not on 3.2 but on older versions the VMpro would still do the actions as programmed even if the licenses were invalid.

Perculiar (was actually doing it with a 4.0 beta, if I get the chance Monday I'll see if the same applies to 3.2 VMPro).

That would mean that even if you don't have a license you could install voicemail pro and get basic user voicemail and scheduling functions without paying for the license.

It is supposed the act as following last I checked : If you have invalid licenses the Voicemail Pro will work for 2 hours and after that if not recieving licenses it will start to function as a Voicemail Lite.
Basiclly if you restart ther Voicemail service every 2 hours you will get VM Pro for free.

I'll check it out when I'm bored enough if someone doesn't beat me to it :)

Might explain mine and Intrigrant difference in experience. My licenses were valid and hence the limitation. Another one to test on Monday.

As far as I know you need a free port for every call that goes through Voicemail Pro even it is just a transfer action without audio.

Voicemail Pro will also reject a call from a queue when all ports are busy. The call will be placed back in the queue but won't hear the 'still queued' message or even MOH. It won't hear the 'still queued' message the next time even if there is a free port at that moment. It stays quiet until there is an user available to answer the call.

Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back