Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorry if in wrong place. NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Has anyone heard of the following sulfnbk.exe, if so, is it a virus or a hoax, a friend deleted this file, is it really needed and what for?,

The directions for removing it are easy.
1. Go to ‘start’ - then to ‘find or search’ (depending on your computer
2. In the ‘search for files or folders’ type in sulfnbk.exe—this is
the virus.
3. In the ‘look in’ make sure you’re searching Drive C.
4. Hit ‘search’ button (or find)
5. If this file shows up (it’s an ugly blackish icon that will have the
name ‘sulfnbk.exe’) DO NOT OPEN IT
6. Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click.
7. I will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say yes.
8. Go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double click on the
recycle bin.
9. Right click on sulfnbk.exe and delete again - or empty the bin.

If you find it send this email to all in your address book, because that’s how it’s transferred.

Later on she found it was a hoax and wants to know if sulfnkd.exe is really needed, my friend said she has she has rebooted the pc and used programs everything is fine.
Does she need to reinstall the sulfnbk.exe ?

So does anyone know about this executable then? she did find it when going to start/search/ for file or folder, she did delete the sulfnbk.exe, but all programs and pc is working fine, even after rebooting.

never mind. Thanks for the info. Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe HOLIDAYS...

The program :- sulfnbk.exe is used for long filenames if you delete it all your filenames will be put down to the 8:3 format Windows ME usualy fix's this problem on it own. IF not just take a copy of another computer and put it back where it began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back