Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOPEntry Window Address Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
Using a script I'm trying to determine the currently selected Primary Bill To Address code for the current order (not yet saved).

I thought the "Primary Bill To Address Code" field in the window would store that value, but I'm always seeing it empty. Though the "Primary Ship To Address Code" field does get populated with the ship to address code.

Which field in the SOP_Entry window is the Bill To Address code stored in until the document is saved?

Thanks.

I suppose I should have added I am using Visual Studio Tools for Dynamics GP for this project.

I did manage to find the current BillTo Address code, though I'm not certain if this is the best way or not. Here is where I found it:
Code:
SopEntryForm.Tables.SopHdrWork.PrimaryBillToAddressCode

I didn't immediately think of that as the data hasn't been saved yet (a query through QA at this time of SOP10100 shows that the record exists, but all customer data and dates are empty).

Would it be proper procedure then to access it through the table?

Thanks.

The value is stored in the form table buffer for the SOP_HDR_WORK table and is not on any window field.

You are accessing the table buffer... not the table itself.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back