Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony VAIO FX150 dosen't boot all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomm1948

MIS
Aug 30, 2002
US
A friend of mine brought me his laptop because it stopped booting. I tried booting it a couple of times and it wouldn't boot. Then I plugged it in an external monitor and it booted OK. I turned it on several times after that and it booted fine. He took it and a couple days later it wouldn't boot again. In our conversation I found out he was plugging his adapter into the electric and then plugging it into the laptop. I told him to plug the adapter in the laptop first and then into the electric. He did and it booted right up. Could plugging the adapter in first before plugging it in the computer possibly damage the battery and cause these symtoms? If not, what could?

i dont think it would damage it but it could cause it to not boot although my FX105 does not have this prob "You Cant Run From Death Forever, But You Can Make The Bastard Work For it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back