Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SONY CRX CD R-RW 220E-1 ROXIO PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 27, 2003
US
I bought the Sony 220e-1 52-24-52 writer from newegg.com and it came with the Nero software,
now here is my problem\story:
before buying this cd-rom I double checked with Roxio for supported drives for the Roxio ecd creator Platinum 5x,

(which I own with all the already downloaded updates for w9x-w2k-xp etc,etc)now Roxio shows that the said drive is fully supported by ecd creator platinum.

So I went ahead and bought the drive, mounted it, and proceeded to install ecd creator PLatinum 5x,

rebooted, and installed the updates as well, but it wouldn't recognize my Sony roxio "supported" drive, I uninstalled roxio ecd creator and reinstalled it again and again,

but still no dice,but the plot thickens a bit.

So I went back to Roxio to check for updates,
and intended to download updates if any, but Roxio now want us to register before downloading any updates,

so I proceeded to "register", but to my surprise Roxio registration tells me that there is already a registered individual by my user name and so forth,

so I tried again with a different user name and address and I got the same story,
user by that name is already in use,
so now I'm stuck with $ 95 dollar software that I bought a couple years back, and no further updates! what can be done here.. Thanks

Did you install the Nero Software?

Nero hates Roxio CD Creator software, and replaces the ASPI layer of ROXIO.

Either use Nero (my personal choice), or uninstall Nero and then do a re-installation of Roxio.

No Nero was not installed at the time I tried to install Roxio ecd\plat, thanks anyway I updated the roxio and it's installed now without a problem.

I have had the same issue in registering Roxio. I tried 6 different sensible usernames/passwords to no avail. Basically had to type a bunch of random jibberish to get it to take my username and password.

I think that the problem with roxio subscription\registration is related to their web site set up\program, sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't, I was finally able to register without a problem, and downloaded all the upgrades I needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back