Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonus SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnniehec

Technical User
Aug 29, 2012
GB
Hi has anyone used or come across the Sonus SBC in place of Mitel MBG for sip trunks?
We've had a pair for a couple of years now for integration to O365 Unified Messaging and are now looking at sip trunks. All the Mitel suppliers are quoting MBG, guess we just need to find one that knows Sonus?

Thanks,
John.

MBG is optional in some implementations

You first need to determine if the SIP trunk provider has been certified with Mitel (If not- don't go there)

If they have been, there will be a setup doc.

I would not recommend equipment not certified by Mitel, it's far more trouble than it's worth. You wouldn't believe the crazy ways it can fail and without support, you're in for a bad time.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Mitel now advise all SIP deployments go via MBG and not direct onto the 3300/MCD

Hi John

I would recommend you review the InGate E-SBC which is a device certified by Mitel. You will also be interested to know that the MBG is based on the design of the InGate E-SBC from when Mitel collaborated with InGate.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the InGate solution.

Thanks

Harpeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back