Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sonicwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendster

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
US
i have a sonicwall and i am having a problem with getting my workstations to connect to both the sonicwall and my router. i have the router and sonicwall on the same subnet as the workstations. I have 4 static routes pointing all traffic that should be going over my router (intranet)in the firewall and I have all other traffic(internet)setup to go over the sonicwall....when i try to use my intranet software at first it works, when i then use my IE browser i lose connection on my software. any ideas?

The sonicwall should have two ethernet ports - one is connected to your LAN, the other is connected to your router. Workstations would not be on the same physical subnet as your router. Workstations have the sonicwall as their default gateway.

Yes, one port is used to connect to my LAN but the WAN port is used for my internet T1. My intranet router has a separate T1 with its LAN on the same network as the sonicwall...so there are two different t1s and two separate Lan addresses for each, both on the same network. so i made LAN static routes in the sonicwall with a next hop of my LAN IP for my router for all intranet traffic to use the t1 connected to my router. Everything else will use the internet T1 through the sonicwall. i configured the workstations with a default gateway of the lan ip of the sonicwall....still disconnects on my intranet software...

Do you have static and default routes set up on your T1 intrAnet router? Actually your intrAnet router would have a companion router on the other side. This would need static routes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back