Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall VPN setup with Linksys BEFSR41 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuhair

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2003
US
Hello,

I'm trying to setup VPN with my work. They use sonic wall and i got the software installed and setup and everything. However i can't get it working.

Do you know if there's some settings on the router it self which is blocking the vpn from working? thanks

Winston

More details:

I'm using sonicwall safenet softremote 8.0. when i type the ipaddress to access my company's vpn on intenet explorer, it just says can't find ip address etc.

thanks for any help.

Have you open IPSEC and IKE ports? Both port must be open.

I got it working once. I guess my work vpn uses windows remote desktop.

The first time i got it working by typing in the ip address and then connect button.

Then it seemed to crash so i closed the browser. Now when i try the connect button it doesn't connect and has an error message that says "remote connection may have reached maximum user or not responding etc".

I notice that the taskbar icon sometimes flashes green and sometimes flashes red. but never constant. what does that mean? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back