Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall tz190 VPN license for VPN phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtelcom

Vendor
Jun 11, 2007
CA
I am wondering if you need the Sonicwall VPN licenses for each Avaya VPN phone you want to connect to this router? Sonicwall's answer is; "I don't think so". !?!?!? Does anyone know for sure?

We have implemented a solution that uses a Kentrox Q2300 to manage VPN connections directly to the IP phones running a firmware based VPN client. No need for sonicwalls at the remote locations.

Yes it requires having a VPN phone license installed in IPO.

you dont have to have a sonicwall at each location if you have a VPN license and the vpn client loaded on the phone.

I think you are confusing my question. I have 5610 VPN phones with the appropriate Avaya RFA's.

My question is; Sonicwall has VPN licenses for their TZ190 product. Does using Avaya 5610 VPN IP Phone consume one of sonciwall's license?

The TZ190 comes with 2 licenses but I need to have 15 phones connected to it.

there are 2 different types of licenses, a site to site license and then a user license. you need 15 user licenses.

gknight1 is correct. You will need 15 licenses in order to have 15 VPN phones setup. I have setup sonic walls before and with each individual VPN connection, you will need a VPN license. I forget the term sonicwall uses for this but you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back