Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SonicWall or WatchGuard Firewalls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2004
US
Hey, I'm in the market to buy a performance firewall appliance that can do at least 100Mbit throughput and is around $2000 or less.

I've been looking mostly at SonicWall Pro 3060 and WatchGuard Firebox X1000, as well as their other models too, but not sure which is a better company and performance.

Also if anyone else has a recommendation on a company and model, it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Dan
Danworld.net

I've had trouble with a number of SonicWalls, though in general I like them. Watchguard has been around longer and is also a good product. Been using Netscreens and like these the best. Good price, good performance, manageable.

R.Sobelman

Thanks for the response. I really do appreciate it. Do have any recommentions on which model of Netscreens that you like. I need one that can at least do 100Mbits of throughput.

You have 100Mbps to the Internet? I know the LAN side are all 100Mbps. Not sure about the WAN port.

The 5XG (I beleive that's the current model) is the one I've used most. It is for small to medium size busniesses.

Buy the 1 year maintenance with the box, it has always been worth the investment.

R.Sobelman

Yep, we actually have over 100Mbits since we have an OC3. Thanks for you advice though, I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back