Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall Global VPN Client - No DHCP adress is given

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtj74

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2004
DK
Hi there,

The scenario:
A Sonicwall pro 100 is configured so that VPN is enabled. We use the Global VPN Client and VPN is working a lot of different places. (almost everywhere) BUT.... behind a D-link DI-604 and som old Linux Firewall it is not possible.

The connection is made with out problem, the Xauth username and password are validated and accepted. The problem is now that the user doesn't get a DHCP adress on the Sonicwall Adapter.

The strange thing is that the computers behind the Old Linix Firewall and the Dlink DI-604 have no problem at all connection to other VPN service - using. MS VPN - Novell VPN - NetScreen VPN - Cisco VPN, etc.

I have talked to Sonicwall support a lot of times and we have done almost everything.

I'm I the only one in the whole world with this problem? Any ideas?

Hi,

Same problem only the names have changed. I have been trying to connect to a Sonicwall 2040 from behind a D-link DI-804HV using the Sonicwall Global VPN client. Ok here is what I was able to do! If you assign your currant ip to the DMZ it works fine. But of course you don't want your computer exposed. This it what I have working now. Assign the MAC address of the computer you are running the VPN client on, to a static ip. (should be under the DHCP screen) then on the Virtual Server screen enable IPSec and assign to that same ip.

E-mail me and let me know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back