Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sometimes only Ext 224 rings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadamson

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2004
GB
Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me (please).

We have a MICS running Rel 2 software.

We have 6 extensions in the sales office, all 6 extension are configured for all 6 lines (001-004, and 032-033) to appear&ring.

On occassions when line002 in ringing, only ext 224 rings.

There does not seem to be any logical explination.

I have asked our salespeople who was on the phone and which line they were on, but salespeople being salespeople you can never believe what they say !!!!.

HELP

is it the prime set for that line and is it possible someone"including AA on VM" transfered the call to 224

ski season has started

confusion question: MICS Rel 2, but you are using trunks 32 & 33??? was there a typo in there somewhere?

first attempt at a fix: With it only happening on occasion I would think corruption of the software is a possibility. have you tried to do a cold start on the system (power clear)?

second attempt: try doing a trunk copy of line 1 to line 2.

third attempt: try to do a copy of one of the other sets to set 224.

fourth attempt:(hate this one) try a complete reconfig and rebuild on software.

fifth attempt: upgrade the software.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

A good way to diagnose these problems is to spend some time at cust. site watching these guys answer calls to see for yourself if it happens as they say or to make a couple dozen calls to line 002 and make it fail yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back