Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

something wrong with maintenance levels... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdahl

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2006
NO
Have an AIX 5.2 system which I upgraded from 5200-01 to 5200-08 a while ago. This was no problem, when I ran #oslevel -r it said:

5200-08.

Just the other day I was going to upgrade it to 5200-08-02 and ran the oslevel -r command just to check which level it was on it said: 5200-01.

I don't know how this is possible.

Does anyone know what might cause this problem?

sH

It seems that your AIX doesn't accept your former updates anymore - have an

instfix -i| grep ML

checking which filesets are complete or not.

For example you get back that 5200-04_AIX_ML is missing some filesets. To check which filesets are missing, do an

instfix -ciqk 5200-04_AIX_ML| grep ":-:"

laters
zaxxon

It looks like some of the MLs are missing some filesets.
So then when I find which filesets that are missing, you just download them and install them?

sH

Hm, that might be an awful lot of filesets, better have the CDs at hand :)

laters
zaxxon

If you still have the 5200-08 lppsource somewhere, you can do an update_all from that repository. I'd do a preview first though. (smit update_all - look for the preview yes/no option)

And the missing filesets are probably because (like Jim said) because some filesets were installed with 5200-01 level install repository after you updated the server to 5200-08...

HTH,

p5wizard

Hi holdahl,

You can first try smitty commit, to commit applied filesets ifany are in still applied state.

Goodluck..

Hi

I think it was about 13-14 filesets that was missing.

sH

It shows:

/ $oslevel -rl 5200-08
Fileset Level Actual Recommended ML
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OpenGL.OpenGL_X.rte.base+ 5.2.0.0 5.2.0.50
OpenGL.OpenGL_X.rte.base 5.2.0.75 5.2.0.85
OpenGL.OpenGL_X.rte.pipe++ 5.2.0.0 5.2.0.75
OpenGL.OpenGL_X.rte.pipe64++ 5.2.0.0 5.2.0.75

sH

I just uploaded the missing filesets to the server and did an smitty update_all, the filesets were installed and now the server is at oslevel 5200-08.

thanks to all for helpful answers.

sindre H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back