Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Something for all to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytelecoms

Vendor
Jul 18, 2005
GB
I had a customer with a 406 (first model) and they were having lots of problems since upgrading from V2 to V3.

We had POTS units which were doing very funny things and were cutting callers off, as well as lots of other odd behaviour. These had been flashed with V3 build 40, 44 and 58 beta, all making no difference.

After trying all sorts, and escalating to Avaya, I decided to roll back to 2.1 (35) just on the POTS units. They didn't work, phones would not even ring etc, which I kind of expected when keeping V3 on the 406, so I then rolled them up straight to 3.0 (44).

All my problems seemed to go away.

When I first upgraded, we went from 2.1 (35) to 3.0 (40) and then later to 3.0 (44). Not sure this should cause a problem, but it did!!

By rolling back and upgrading straight to the latest firmware on the POTS units, things started to work!!

I now have one issue with the ISDN which I think is the CCU, so I'm going to try the same on that, and will let you know my findings.

Now I may just be unfortunate enough to have a faulty unit with a bad firmware chip, or this could be a real issue and a real resolution. I'm going to keep this in mind with my other sites, and I suggest you all do the same!

Chris
mytelecoms.co.uk

I had problems with my phone 30 modules after going 1.4 to 3.0.40. Analog extensions would ring once then connect and drop especially if there was an external ringer. I think it was a power thing. When I upgraded to 44 the issue went away thankfully.

I believe the firmware on the analog units was to blame.

Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back