Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

something else then Frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotboy

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
SG
hey,
ive been forced to use frontpage on one of the websites i work on for the past couple months. I am no longer using Frontpage. What are some good programs where you type the HTML/JSP etc... yourself, and then upload it to the webserver. Can Textpad do that?

You can use any editor you want to do it -- yes, even just a plain text editor --

If you want something really nice for development, then try MS InterDev or Macromedia UltraDev

:)
Paul Prewett

Or Allaire Homesite...
b[sup]2[/sup] - benbiddington@surf4nix.com

I really like EditPlus ( It has syntax coloring, cliptext for html and css, built-in ftp and a whole ****load of other features. It's also very flexible and customizable. It's shareware, but the price is very reasonable and the trial version is NOT crippled. BTW, I have NO affiliation with them, this is just an endorsement from a fan. Tracy Dryden
tracy@bydisn.com

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard.

I like to write it on the whiteboard, take a digital picture, print it out, and then have my scanner try to OCR it into a text file, then I save it off in word and export it as HTML... works great (if I write neatly).

Sorry, just kidding.. I use Homesite too.

-Scott

I put in a vote for Allaire's Homesite, the ultimate text editor.

I recommend Visual Interdev. But that's a little pricy. I like full control over my HTML source, so if I can't have my InterDev, I just use good 'ol notepad. Chances are, if you want clean code, you'll have to go back and clean it anyway. Just the way I look at it. ~Steve

A broken clock is correct twice per day.

A roomful of monkeys on typwriters will eventually write the great american novel.

If you gave an infinate number of rednecks, an infinate number of shotguns to shoot at an infinate number of street signs, they'd eventually recreate all of Shakespears works in braile.

I've found that 1ST PAGE 2000 is REALLY great. It already has all the tags there so you don't have to type them all the time, shortcuts for the tags, EDIT-PREVIEW-REFERENCE windows, etc. this is just simply a really great program. You can get it FREE at

the best is EditPlus2 they have an updated version. similar to homesite but EditPlus colors it to understand the floe of logic better. right on tsdragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back