Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

someone try this with the date format

Status
Not open for further replies.

99mel

Programmer
Oct 18, 1999
GB
I'm running Access 2000 with a table (tablea) which contains a 'Date/Time' field (datefield)... the format of this field is set to 'dd/mm/yyyy'. The table contains one record with the field 'datafield' containing '03/01/2002'

If I run this sql statement in an update query:

UPDATE tablea SET txtfield = 'test'
WHERE datefield = #03/01/2002#

This doesn't update the record, however if i change the date in the sql query to #01/03/2002# it updates the record!?!?!

Anyone else get this problem?????

check the systems regional settings - the date display format only affects how it is displayed on screen not how update affects it and so on

AFAIK, changing regional setting will NOT change the behaviour! Ms. (in general) doesn't accept non-US data formats in queries!

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

try
UPDATE tablea SET txtfield = 'test'
WHERE datefield = #03/January/2002#

Why not just set the date field to short date, the only time UK dates cannot be used in queries is when using strSQL ,filters etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back