Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT BC7.0A ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtw666

Programmer
Feb 6, 2004
BR
Hi folks,

I have a customer with a very very very old md110 version, BC7.0a
We have a crazy defect on this pabx. Operator console (Type=1) doesn't accept DID (TL30) calls on Public Common Number (numtyp=CP) or on its Individual Operator number (numtyp=OI). When I call the operator, from PSTN, it just stay mute for a while and after the disconnection signal.

But if you call operator from an analogue extension or digital extension, the call is accepted.

Analogue routes (TL11) are accepted too.

Someone help me!!

It loks as though you do not have Operator call type set.
Do an OPCTP:CORG=ALL; Is there an entry for the TL30 route, call type should be 6 and OACC should equal NADAP:NUMTYP=OD;
Hope this helps.

Hi megglesfield

Call type was set to 7 (direct indialling) and OACC was already set equal to numtyp=OD.

<OPCTP:CORG=ALL;
OPERATOR CALL TYPE DATA
CORG CALT ROU OACC CUST NDIR RERNUM CEN
1 5 1 - - Y 8066 N
1 5 4 - - Y 8066 N
1 7 10 8000 - Y 8066 N
1 7 21 8000 - Y 8066 N
1 1 - 9 - Y 8066 N
1 2 - 9 - Y 8066 N
1 3 - 9 - Y 8066 N

but thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Hi,
With BC7 We got Long delays before speech on incomming PSTN call,& problems transferring pstn calls to other Lim's on the Old wooden Top Consoles. a tempory fix for this was to restart the Lim effected (with the console). the Perminate fix was to check All Consoles Chips (Position 14)revision were 'R7A' or older, & Not Revision 'R8A' as often supplied as on field replacement consoles. To test this you'll need to get the chip from your field replacement supplier.

This seemed to affect all the consoles (slowly spreading like a desease) even if only one had the wrong chip. Also you still had to restart the affected LIM's after the chips were changed.

a Big clue as to which lim's console were having Problems was to look at the resent count with command HIEDP:LIM=all;

if the resent messages were 999 then those lim's were not very happy.

Good luck, maybe you have the same Problem as we had, Regards Pete

little side note to all this

BC7.0 is really not the most stable version, most of the problems are gone in BC7.2. maybe you can ask your service provider to do an &quot;upgrade&quot; to this version...

Hello OmniS3Tech,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I'll check out the firmware on operator console. Maybe we changed the console and didn't replaced with the correct revision.

Well, every call from PSTN (DID) to the operator that have problems, generate a lost signal on HIEDP. It's always from RMPS1 to RMPS3. See:

DIAGNOSTICS FROM OPERATING SYSTEM
TIME DATE
08:52:39 29JAN04
TIME DATE ERROR CODE
15:46:53 28JAN04 H'14
NO SIGNAL ENTRY FOUND
ON RECEPTION OF AN A-LEVEL SIGNAL
NBYTES = 27
ENTER
SWSW SIGNAL ************** (H'7E)
FROM RMPS1 (H'0177) EXE A IN LIM 001
TO RMPS3 (H'0175) EXE A IN LIM 001
WITH 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
000 H'05 H'29 H'00 H'02 H'00 H'00 H'00 H'00 H'03 H'00
010 H'00 H'00 H'00 H'D2 H'6A H'51 H'44
END

Thanks my friend!

Hello whosrdaddy,

In fact the current version is BC7.2
Sorry, I wrote wrongly in my question.

Best regards,

Hi Again,
you can try restart program units DOR & OLP1S1 for you affected lims, but you Must, make sure that all the operators in the effected lims are logged off before you start, if not your operator may lockup all together, & you either have to uninstall & reinstall the console in software or RFEXI!! restarting the program unit's with seems to totally confuse All the operator Program unit's including the central unit's DOM, etc.
we used to restartthe Program units when we had Operators 'Busy & Absent' in OPTSP;

when I said restart the lim's I ment restart, of the individual lim's buy either RFRLI:LIM=XX , or single button press in the effected lim's LPU . Our system was quite large, about 15 lim's most remote so we hated doing a RFEXI.
a bit risky & takes far to long at BC7 with remote LIM's

again good luck,

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

You're right, we always log off operator before restart anything. And RFEXI is not usual, only in case of blocked operator in busy state. But it's a simple system, only 1 lim with 3 magazines. So RFEXI doesn't affect very much all the system.

My god, 15 lims on BC7 ????!??!?!?!?!? What a nightmare!!!!
hehehehhehe

Thanks Pete,

Hey, where do you work? Damovo? Ericsson?

See ya,

Gerson / Damovo Brazil

Gerson,
I work In the U.K. not for Either Damovo or ///, So I suggest get a nice ISDX in, or even an Omni-S3!!!

cheers Pete/ U.K

I can only seem to remember this :

Update prom in OPI-I .

Patch in LSPS3 (sometimes one way speech at opi w/TMU)
this one was released many times as memrel1 ,2,etc.
Final patch is S55287A .
But you say in the post that you are using MPU so ,this is
not the fault i guess.

And there was an issue in BC7 with the ASPAC for the mute key if the aspac was set to toggle function.
It was hung in mute state .
Set it to not toggle , but mute when pressed .
(so set parnum 63=0)

SYAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back