Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Someone has a copy of Sniffer Network Analyzer 5.50? (for MS-DOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernval

Technical User
Mar 20, 2006
ES
Hello:

I have an IBM 760C ThinkPad with the Sniffer Network Analyzer 5.50 (from Network General) running MS-DOS and using a special Xircom 10/100 network card made also by Network General (the sniffer software doesn´t run without this special card) The problem is that the hard disk has crashed and I have no copies of the sniffer! I´m a registered user, but the seller of the sniffer only gave me the portable with the software inside long time ago, and now the seller if out of business.

I would be very grateful if someone can tell me where to find Sniffer Network Analyzer 5.50 (are in 4 1.44 Mb diskettes) or in a compressed zip file (3-4 Mb) If someone still use this kind of sniffer, please contact with me (gonzalo_fernandez@apb.es)

thanks

Thats going to be hard for a product that is wayyyy out of support at this point . It was a good product in it s day and probably easier to get around in than the XP sniffers they use now . Wish we could help but don't know here you would get something that old . You may have to invest in a new nic and maybe use something like Ethereal if it needs to be free.

Hi,

ask your Sniffer SE for this. They have a copy for you. [thumbsup2]

Werner Fischer
SCM / CCIE / JNCIS
look at the frames - bit by bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back