Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Someone else is using the system error (DOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variscite

MIS
Nov 3, 2003
US
Using DOS version of Great Plains. Software works fine on Server 2000 OS, but transferred to XP and SBS 2003 and get error "Someone else is using the system" after getting main screen.
Anyone remember the solution to this error?
Thanks.

not sure about DOS but in regular GP. Look in the Activity table and sy00800 in the Dynamics databse. they should be empty when no ones in the system.

Is this just when you start up GPA or is it when you are in a module? If it is at startup, go to the Pervasive Monitor on the server and clear all the connections.

If it is trying to get into a module, go the the system manager on the botton of the home screen and clear the users from the module.

Martink1: No one is in the database. But I cannot look in any tables because I get this msg at the startup screen.

JordanCN: Yes, it is when I start up Great Plains (DOS). Because it's DOS, I don't think there is a Pervasive Monitor.

Thanks.

Resolution: The user figured it out. It was under System Utilities (or the other option which needs a password) and the user had to remember his password. He changed a setting and how everything works find. I can't post the exact fix because the user won't tell me what he actually did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back