Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Someone cut 200 pair feed from street

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomuser

Technical User
Oct 20, 2004
US
Why in the world would someone cut the feed to the street? The building changed ownership. I went to bid some cat5 drops and in the telco closet the feed is cut. It is cut near the ceiling so it was no accedent. It's the black two hundred pair that goes out the roof to he pole. Why? Anyone seen this before?

Yes...the ILEC had a cable in a business and angered the business owner, a CLEC comes to town and places cable in the business and the business owner has the ILECs facilities removed. It happens more often than it should. However, yours could have been copper theft by someone working in there between owners.

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0, NuPoint I&M 4.2

I woould go with the copper theft theory . I don't think anyone would be that stupid to cut the feed cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back