Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Somebody help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclarke

Technical User
May 14, 2001
GB
Hello

I am in a right state I cann't think straight and all logical modes of thought have completely left my head I get married on saturday so probably last time you here from me for a couple of weeks so really appreciate all the halp I can get for this easy problem.

How do I get text boxes to fill in automatically when a selection is made from a combo box

IE weigh bridge ID is selected and it brings up details in text boxes for that load

PLease Help

Rach

Rachel

In the .InterActiveChange event of the combo box put:-

THISFORM.txtTextbox.Value = THIS.Value

Sounds as though a date's out of the question now?

Chris :)

Pretty Much although I owe you beer or two so I will honour them of course if you are passing through Italy at any time in the next two weeks call in and say hello.

RAch

Chris

the above does not do what I exactly want although an awful lot closer than I got at least the value changes but

when I select the weighbridge ID from the combo box it just fills the load number box with the weighbridge number I want it to fill in the load number that is in the same row as the weighbridge number

Rachel

Assuming the .RowSource of the combo box is a table, in the .InterActiveChange event of the combo box put:-

THISFORM.txtTextbox.Value = TABLE.fieldname

where TABLE.fieldname is the field relating to the column

Chris :)

CHris you are a star

I had tried putting that in before but my rowsource was an SQL statement not a table.fieldname

Thank you very much

Rach

Hi Rachel,
First by best wishes.. all logical thoughts are out and magical ones are filled in... (And so also the text boxes and the combo ones.... just kidding)... BEST OF LUCK...

Now coming to the tech question....
The question is not clear... but I can understand...
When you select in the combo box... the SQL CURSOR record is positioned at chosen record. The text boxes are bound to some other table. That is why , what chris suggested did not work. I suggest you to 'locate' the records of the underlying table correctly so that the values are obtained. If that is not the case, I mean, the SQL cursor of the combo contains all the values related to the record, you can force those values into the TextBox values as Chris suggested....
THISFORM.MyTextBox.Value = mySqlCursor.myField or whatever

Hope this helps you :)

Wish I pass thru Italy for a couple of softdrink cans ! Best of luck!

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Thanks Ramani

will take loads of pictures and put them on the web site for you to see.

Yes it works now

Rach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back