Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Somebody can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIStito

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I'm geeting the next error:CONTIVITY VPN CLIENT "The routing table cannot be altered after the contivity VPN Connection has been established. The contivity VPN Connection has been Closed". After that I lose my connection. We have two VLANS,one switch cisco 5509 (with internal routing(Route switch Card),one DHCP (Microsoft NT 4.0 Server)for both VLANS.
Have you any idea?
Thanks!!

Hi

This has been mentioned before. See ABOzIT's thread number 902-577713.

EB

Does any of your application changes the routing table. Contivity switches are sensitive to any routing changes after a tunnel has been created.

Taken from Nortel site.

The possible causes for the routing table changes are as follows:
1. Client’s machine has several NIC cards, the tunnel is through one of them and
when there are any changes to the other cards (for example, interface goes down)
the change to the routing table is made.
2. Client has a short lease time for the IP address acquired through the DHCP, table
changes after the address renewal/acquisition (if IP changes).
3. Some applications on the client’s machine rewrite the routing table (for example,
issuing the route add command).
4. Routing updates from dynamic protocols like RIP or OSPF change the table.
5. ICMP redirect messages have been received by the client’s machine.
6. Internet connection sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back