Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some windows update broke RES 3700 on Windows 10 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

djn602

MIS
Oct 9, 2009
US
Ugh. I was running Win 10 fine on several 3700 stations (computers we put together) and we ran windows update and now we get "Server Journal Print Job Rejected" in 3700. We are on 5.4 MR1. At the time I got these devices our reseller said while Win 10 is not officially support it works OK. It sure did until it didn't. What does an upgrade look like to 5.6? My reseller seems to be slammed with all the TLS 1.0 changes (we didn't have to worry about that with being EMV integrated with Payment Logistics). I tried rolling back the updates but no dice. Any other quick fix?

look for newest updates installed and uninstall them. There is a tool you can use to hide win10 uodates you do not want. here

This tool will allow you to hide updates you dont want. Run it about 1 hour after you have uninstalled updates and rebooted. That will give the pc enough time to look fpr updates again.

I had over 20 Aloha servers take a crap from same updates issues this week

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

Sounds like a bad day all round AlohaRoss.

There was a 5.5 hotfix specifically to prevent the creator update from breaking Micros. At this point though I’d recommend just upgrading to 5.6. All you have to do before running the pre-reqs is uninstall Adobe Reader and install Adobe Reader DC. Installing 5.6 should fix Micros as it will essentially completely reinstall the software.

moreglen said:
There was a 5.5 hotfix specifically to prevent the creator update from breaking Micros. At this point though I’d recommend just upgrading to 5.6. All you have to do before running the pre-reqs is uninstall Adobe Reader and install Adobe Reader DC. Installing 5.6 should fix Micros as it will essentially completely reinstall the software.

Have you heard anything about 5.6 breaking auto sequencing?

I have a new 5.6 and confirm auto sequence is not working properly. Have to schedule a restart after the EOD report runs in order to print reports..

Interesting. We've actually never been able to get reports to auto-print on our windows 10 machines, so we ended up creating a small utility that we have in our end of night that does the actual printing.

I don't have 5.6 anywhere except my lab right now; I haven't seen any issues, and it is a fully functioning lab, but obviously it doesn't get the kind of use that a real store would.

Is the auto-sequence issue with printing to a physical printer only? Does the system still print to a pdf file (or similar) through auto-sequence?
Thanks in advance.

posn said:
I have a new 5.6 and confirm auto sequence is not working properly. Have to schedule a restart after the EOD report runs in order to print reports..
Thank you. I will wait until they fix auto sequencing and then upgrade.

Hi Moregelen. Would you mind sharing the 5.6 install files?

They are on the Oracle site but only if your reseller gives you access. Another complaint of mine... :)

@djn602 We don't have a reseller. We just registered for Oracle edevlivery and had access.

copy the text below and save it as a batch file. you will need to run the file with elevated privileges.

net stop "srvGSSDataService"
rem ***INSTALL MDS HTTP Service***
%MICROSDrive%
sc delete "srvMDSHTTPService"

cd\micros\common\bin
MDSHTTPService -service

MDSHTTPService -install

net start "srvMDSHTTPService"

rem ***INSTALL MICROS CAL SERVICE***
sc delete "MICROS CAL Service"

cd\micros\common\bin
CALSrv -service

CALSrv -install

net start "MICROS CAL Service"

rem ***INSTALL GSS DATA Service***
sc delete "srvGSSDataService"

cd\micros\res\GSS\bin
GSSDataService -service

GSSDataService -install

net start "srvGSSDataService"
pause

i have my em server at 5.5 and im running windows 10 64bit. after the creator update my server become unresponsive when i tried to open poscfg and also caused multiple issues with accessing certain em feature. installed the fix above solved my problem.

Or you turn Of task scheduler for non security updates. set Windows update to manual

If you have issues with Reports then the Reports are not compatible with RES 5.6.
one custom report or old report can stop the whole system to print further reports.

Autoseq will show you a grey page, if this happen.

Normally kill all reportexporter.exe from task manager
stop and start
MICROS Remote Service
Windows WorldWideWeb Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back