Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some Outgoing calls being rerouted to a different number? (our fault or theirs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

murcielag0

Technical User
Mar 22, 2018
CA
Hello,

This is the second time that we have had issues with outgoing calls to certain numbers.
The last time, the calls went to a odd voicemail that made no sense. [ponder]

Today, there is a business number that seems to be rerouted to a completely different company number.
NOT EVEN RELATED AT ALL. From Precious Metals to Lumber?

Any input would be appreciated, I'm not sure what is going on and I don't see any odd routing rules on our side. (Mitel 3300 with SIP)

Is the issue on our side or theirs?
Thanks,

I am guessing this is an issue with your carrier.

Can we assume using mobiles work ok to those numbers?

Is the system outputting the digits dialed?
-Look at your call logs (both PBX and the SIP carrier) to make sure the digits dialed by users is correct.

Is it an issue with just those numbers you need to dial or maybe an issue with an area code or district?
-Dial another number (to any small company that would not have DID's) that is similar such as changing the last digit or two, see if you get the same recording/mailbox.

If you have SIP then maybe register a mobile on that account and see if it's the same issue, this might let the PBX off the hook.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi @curlycord,

You're correct, dialing from my mobile works correctly.

I checked the Mitel SMDR reports and the logs showed the number was dialed correctly.

The issue is currently only happening with 2 numbers that we are aware of.

I will see if I can test with a SIP on the same account.

@jsaad - Rogers is the provider.

Thanks,

It has to be a routing/translations issue with either your upstream carrier, or another carrier down the line, especially if you're heading out of your own State/Region. This has happened plenty to us...as long as you confirm you're sending the call properly to your provider, you just need to open a ticket with them. They will tell you if they need to open one with a 3rd party. Hopefully you get it resolved quickly.

Thanks @mikepiper,
I've just opened a ticket with our SIP provider, let's hope they can fix it.

In my opinion, last 6 months lots of irregularities with SIP providers so could be someone in the mix.

Rogers resolved the issue.
At first they said it was fixed. We tested, still routing incorrectly.

Re-Opened the ticket, then they fixed it again and it's working!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!! Much appreciated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back