Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

some messages not being recorded???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrobels

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2007
US
hello all im a newbie here and i work with a nortel phoen system and we use call pilot for voicemail here

i got a call from our HR department and she let me know that she is havign problems with people calling in and leaving voicemail and her not recieveing it

she says the person will show her there outgoing call list to show they called but no message

i was told there is a activities report i can look at in call pilot but could not find that

i guess she just want to make sure they actually called
when they say they did

Dgrobels,
How long are the messages that callers are leaving? I had a similar problem were callers would get voice mail and just say "this is Bob, call me back". The messages were not sticking in voice mail. I found that these calls were only lasting a few seconds. I changed the "Minimum length of a Call Answering Message:" from 3000 milliseconds to 1500 milliseconds and it fixed my problem.

Go to Messaging>Messaging Management
Last option under General

Hope that helps...

Not sure how to check what you want but i would delete the users mailbox and re-add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back