Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some folders Access is denied. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSSO

Technical User
Sep 15, 2004
GB
im on XP Pro, and i put one of my old Hard disks in so i can get some of my files out. Before the HD was used with XP Home. im tryin yo get my mp3s out, some of the folders are fine i can copy them to my current disks, but ther are some that give me this message 'F:\Documents and settings...\50 Cent is not accessible. Access is denied.How can i get into the folders that giv me this message??

Youll probably need to take ownership of the files. Right click the file / directory, click properties,security,advanced,owner,highlight administrator or whoever you want to be the owner, click take ownership. Hope this helps.

Thank you both for the quick replys, ill take a look :)

i have no security tab im the properties of any of my folders. i am logged in a admin also

. The filestore must be NTFS
. Simple File Sharing must be disabled
. If XP Home, it is natively only available in Safe Mode

it is on NTFS, and im running XP Pro but the Folders were used with XP Home. How Do i know if Simple File Sharing is on or off?

Control Panel, Folder Options, View
It will be one of the last boxes. Uncheck 'Use simple file sharing - recommended'

Its works now, Thanx for ya time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back