Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some displays show nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobColl

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2005
US
I have and Option 11 Succession Switch and some of my M2616 Display phones show Nortel and some have nothing on them. Can someone tell me why this is and how I can get them all to display the same thing.

I think some 2616's have a different display. Replace phones.

You can program the display, the default is nortel. The phones that don't show anything may be CNDD.

Some 2616 phones if they are not higher than a Certain "Series" of the phone... will not show. I think phones higher than series 2 will display the system message.

This is a follow up on my last post.

In order to find out if the phone will support the system message.

Go into LD 11.

REQ: IDU (XXXX) X's=TN number
<enter>

Should have info on the set itself and if the spot that says
RLS CODE: (1,2,3,or 4) is less than a 2,
then the display will not show the message, just replace with a newer phone as per Nortellian.

How would I change the display from the default "Nortel" to something else, e.g., the name of my organization?

You can customize this display under the promt "Brandline" which is found under "PARM" in LD 17. Refer to the NTP's for the how-to details. You'll also need the 2nd level password.

As for which telephones will display the Brandline it depends upon the version of the display - not the actual telephone. There are three versions of displays and as I recall the part number of the one what works ends with AD. Nortel installed these displays on late model NT2K... (warranty start date of 1998/99?) and all NT9K... M2000 series telephones.

In short and as the earlier posts indicated: newer phones are required for the Brandline to display.

However, all displays are interchangable across all versions of M2000 telephones if one wants to spend the time changing out displays.

A closing "heads up" note on buying refurbished phones. The refurbishing houses do not always keep the late verision displays pared with the late verision phones. So you can receive a late model NT9K... phone with a display that does not show the Brandline. Or a 12 year old NTZK... phone/newer display combination that Brandlines fine.

Good Luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back