Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some Aloha Questions... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle9

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
US
I have a few questions for you guys.

What happened to ProHost and Customer Knowlogy? I can't seem to find their site.

Can I still buy the Aloha Gift Certificate Manager? I have one restaurant and don't want to pay the monthly fee for eCard.

Does anyone use a Telequip change dispenser or a Veridicom thumb print reader? I would like to know if they work well with Aloha.

Last one...how can I use the surveys feature printed in the Aloha version 5.3 manual?

Running Aloha v6.0.9 on a Windows XP Professional Posiflex JIVA TP-5815

Thank you!

Forgot one thing...what does the "Enable FOH COM interface" do?

Also, do you have to have a license to use the survey feature? It isn't listed in my Store Settings dropdown. Does anyone use it anymore?

Thanks for your help

Thanks!

Does anyone else know anything about my other questions?

We use surveys at our concepts and yes you will need to license that so it will show up in maint.

We also use the COM interface for our Kitchen Display Module.

B

First of all, Gadang is correct saying that the survey feature needs licensing. Ask your reseller about the cost of upgrading your license.
Furthermore you can still buy the GC feature, but I would highly recommend considering eCard. It's a very good system, and once it runs it's as stable as UNIX. Never have any issues with it, and combined with Enterprise a great tool. Think wider than GC's.

The FOH COM option enables communication to and from IBER or IBERQS through COM. You need this for many modules and applications that interface with Aloha like Orderman. Although this used to be free, in it's new form it does cost money, and goes under the name Aloha Connect. I know that in 6.4, COM will be greatly approved, so expect some cool new stuff with external applications, or even the new guestmanager and delivery packages (something we have running right now, and boy let me tell you, it's fun...)

I luv my stand alone GC. I know someone who lost over 20k trying to install e-card. It's working ok now.

We use Telequip Transact changers with Aloha 5.3.29e. I have used them w/ 5.3.19 up to 29e without issue. They are in the dropdown in hardware/terminals and you just need to specify the com port.

As for survey, this feature to my understanding is not available in Quickservice 5.3.x. The database is there but you cannot setup the service unless you use Table Service.

I know someone who lost over 20k trying to install e-card"

Could you explain that. How does one lose 20K trying to implement E-Card?

Could you explain that. How does one lose 20K trying to implement E-Card?

I apologize for the huge delay in gettin back, I just haven't checked the forum lately.

My friend owns 2 stores about 24 terminals total. About 4 years ago or whenever it was that Aloha started to really roll out the E-Stuff, my friend went with it. He incurred several thousand in getting it going with all kinds of upgrade incompatibilities from terminals to software. But his biggest cost came when he found out that the E-card system was "NEVER" decrementing the customers Gift Card. Everyone who purchased a gift card (it was around X-Mas time too) had a free virtual spending pass. This got him for around 14K.

Everything began to work O.K. after the fix. My point is, it still cost him a lot. Probably wondering if Aloha had to compensate. Let's just say Aloha (1 of the biggest dealers in the US) and my friend have a very complex relationship.

IndexRobert,

I know that in 6.4, COM will be greatly approved, so expect some cool new stuff with external applications, or even the new guestmanager and delivery packages (something we have running right now, and boy let me tell you, it's fun...)

Could you elaborate on this, please? I'm also wondering when 6.4 will be available to me. My reseller is Foremost Business Systems located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Thanks!!!

6.4 is still in controlled deployment, they haven't met their market ready targets for it yet, so it's unknown when exactly it will be available. 6.3 has been cancelled, so it will be the next official release. Look out for it somewhere Q3 (or maybe even Q4) this year....

ProHost was sold by NTN to a POS supplier in NC. I doubt you will be able to get tech support anymore. I have over 50 ProHost installs under my belt. I may be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back