Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid red LED on Analog Phone 30 Expansion Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaley1980

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
I recently upgraded 3 IPO500 v2 from version 7.0(36) to 9.1. I loaded all the necessary licenses and loaded Managers 8.0, 8.1, 9.0 and then 9.1 before upgrading each unit. The Control Units all have a Combo Card and a Phone 30 Exp Module attached. All the Control Units and Combo Cards were upgraded and work fine. The Phone 30's on the other hand didn't except for one. The other two both were flashing green. I shut down both Control Units and Phone 30, powered up the Phone 30 first then the Control Unit. Now the Phone 30 is solid red. I left it alone for 4 hours hoping it was downloading firmware but LED stayed red. Same happened to the other one. Now I have two that are solid red.
When I connect the working Phone 30 to any of the 3 Control Units it comes right up. I connected to the DTE port on the Phone 30 and sometimes I see a "TFTP Poll Sent" or a "TFTP Poll Failed" I remember this happening to me before with the red solid light and I was able to fix it but I can't seem to find my notes on it.
Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks

Is your tftp address set in manager for the ip address of the manager pc?
Also check your tftp security settings. 9.1 changes security settings.

Increase tractor production for this quarter, Comrade.

Yes it is set to the PC's IP address
The only setting I could find for tftp was on Preferences. I enabled BootP and TFTP Server. Is there something else I am missing?

Solid red light means it's dead.
Follow intrigrant faq to try to get them back.

Personally I would set the file server as the SD card. I would watch the TFTP in monitor. I have found some .bin files randomly won't get on the SD card during an upgrade and you have to manually load them. Also I have had to use a separate TFTP program with some systems because Manager didn't seem to be doing the job.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Solid red light means it's dead.
If it was a flashing red light then it's firmware related.

It should have uploaded new files during upgrade but sometimes as stated is does not. If you have not already. I would have Manager up does not need to be open and then power cycle the analog 30 module..

Doesn't necessarily mean it's dead but something went wrong.

Knowledgebase Checking the LED

Expansion_LED_jj6rgl.jpg

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back