Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solid line leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

annierexic

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
I'm using QuarkXPress 5 on PC. How can I set a solid line leader? If I insert the underscore character, this leaves gaps ... (It was straightforward in PageMaker!)

I managed it once - I thought this was by pressing the underscore key twice __ - but it won't work now -?

Hi Duncan
I'm using a fill character with tabs (Shift+Ctrl+T) in order to produce forms like:

Name .................
Address ..............
........postcode .....

etc.

It works fine with a full stop (period) but with an underscore it looks like _ _ _ instead of ___

I'm wondering how I can 'close the gap' ..?

try highlighting just the underscores and tracking them by a minus amount -> e.g. -50

this should pull them together

Kind Regards
Duncan

Thanks Duncan, that works fine (even -30). But it's a pity this isn't possible when defining the character in the Tabs dialog box ...

.. I wonder if you can help me with another problem: printing colour separations. I responded to a message from dskung (but perhaps I should have started a new 'thread' ?? (I'm new this system of communicating!!)

Thanks for responding so promptly.

I'm using QuarkXPress 5 on a laser printer and have set up the CMS following instructions in the Prentice Hall book 'Against the Clock':

Generic Monitor
Tektronix Phaser III Pxi (composite output)
SWOP Press (separation output)

Generic Monitor
Perceptual (rendering intent)

Monitor Colour Space (display simulation)

... all on the RGB tab

But the check box for colour separations in the Print dialog box is still greyed out.

In Extensions Manager (Utilities Menu) Quark CMS is checked.

... Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back