Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris to Exchange Server help. PLEASE!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drill

Technical User
May 2, 2001
GB
If anyone could give me some pointers it would be apreciated.

I need to setup sendmail on Solaris 2.5.1 to send mails generated from UNIX to go to an Exchange server. I have installed Sendmail 8.9.2.

The exchange server is in the domain 'ntdomain' and the Solaris box has a node-name of 'bob'
Can anyone can give me pointers as to what i need to set up?

Errors:
I get 'unable to qulify my own domain name ..using short name' in the syslog, any ideas?
I also get 'NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): /usr/local/etc/mail
/sendmail.cf: line 58: fileclass: cannot open /usr/local/etc/mail/sendmail.cw: G
roup writable directory' in the syslog file. What needs to go in the sendmail.cw file? My domain name? The Exchange Servers Domain name ???

I am getting really confused here!!!

exchange 2k
global settings
internet message format
new domain
Name - your choice
smtp format - (mailserver name).domain.com
then just forward from sendmail using me@mis.com to me@mailx.mis.com.
If your dns record reflects the server, it will work. At least it does for me. That option is if you do not want to Q the entire domain to forward as in the case here. The unix crew has a fit if they are told they have to move to a microsoft product.

Thanks for the tips ;)

I have just ordered the O'Reiley Sendmail book so hopefully (!!) i should get it working soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back