Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solaris system in windows workgroup!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalp

Technical User
Feb 16, 2003
CA
Hi all,

One of my friend wants to add one node with sun solaris as OS in a windows workgroup. Anybody please tell me the steps to do this?

Thx in advance,

Hi vimalp,

This is more of a samba question, so you may want to post it there (if you haven't already). But making sure you have samba installed is a start. Samba also comes with a web interface for installation which is pretty easy to follow. If you have no luck with the samba forum I can give you some hints on how to set this up.

Scotty

Hi Scotty,

please!

so you mean Without samba it is not possible.
can you please post here the steps to do it?

Thanks a Millions,

What do you want to achieve?

Do you want the Solaris machine to behave like a server, a client, both?

In any case you will most likely need Samba, but first of all you need to know what you want to do, then you can be given specific advice.

Hi Vilmap,

First stage is to download samba - you can either go for the source at - or get a pre-compiled version from (you need to get one for the version of solaris you have).

Once you have this installed, have a look at the following online docs from O'Reilly:

I would suggest you activate SWAT - this is a web interface to the samba configuration and will make life a little easier for you!

See how you get on.

Scotty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back