Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris package creation and file dependencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

twelsh37

MIS
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi,

I've built a package to install Apache to a specific location.
This works fine as would be expected on the build box.

When I move it to the test deployment box the package installs ok but when i fire up apache

../bin/apachectl start

I get the following error.

ld.so.1: /apps/apache2.0.48/bin/httpd: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Can anyone tell me how i can specify to the package creation to take dependencies with it.

Hope you can help

Tom

Isn't it just that you have not set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the new environment?

i.e. setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH <path to apache/lib>:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

========================================
hmm - should I concentrate on C# or Java next?....
========================================

is apache's location on source and destination host the same, I mean, did you compile apache to be installed under /apps/apach* or was the source something like /hy/home/sw/apache and you &quot;relocate&quot; it? I think this would be a problem, since some software works with hardcoded paths...

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - &quot;Home of the Whopper&quot;, oh no, &quot;Home of the Oktoberfest&quot; ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back