Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris Administrator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayDreemer

Technical User
Dec 15, 2006
US
I am a technician who also serves as a "local administrator" for some of our medical systems that uses solaris as their operating system. Since first dabbling in it about 6 years ago, I have become quite fond of the OS, and am considering becoming certified for Solaris 9. For the most part, I maintain the DHCP servers, and install new systems onto the network. Does the certification automatically qualify me as a administrator? What is a typical job description for a Solaris Administrator? Any tips a appreciated.

Thanks

The following might be a more appropriate forum:

forum476

Thanks tfg, I have already placed a post it in that forum as well, I was just hoping to get some type of response from one of the forums.

As far as being certified, that does qualify you as an administrator. As far as the job descriptions, that is really going to vary from job to job. I know a couple of Sun administrators that spent most of their time doing "other" duties (that's if you get the "and other duties as assigned" moniker with a job). I think it is mostly due to the OS being so stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back