Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 9 patch installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

samworld

MIS
Nov 2, 2003
MY
Hi expert...

Really need some help here. I been request to install patches for Solaris 9 to resolve some error in my system. I already downloaded the patch "112233-12". But how to check my current patch number install and how to install the patch (112233-12).... Really need some guide ..Please help

Thank you

Sam

You can use "showrev -p|grep 112233" to see if the patch is already installed and to what level.

As for installing patches use the "patchadd" command [man patchadd is very good] + read the installation notes that come with the patch, they will tell you if there are any special requirements [e.g.installing in single user mode, whether-or-not you need to reboot afterwards, what the pre-requisits are].

HTH

Ray

also patchlast works.

patchlast 112233
latest Patch of 112233 is :
Patch 112233 not installed !

regards

maista

Hi..

Thank you for the detail info... i got it... but how do i check all the patch that already installed into my system?
i tried this command showrev -a ,can i use this command to review all the patches that install into my system..? Please advise

Sincere
Sam

If patches were installed without the -d option, you can see the list of patches in /var/sadm/patch

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the help.. I think i found what i want..

: )

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back