Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 9 - adding a patch ( patch 112126-09 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBleeness

Technical User
May 22, 2004
US
Hello,

I am trying to add a patch to my solaris 9.. its patch 112126-09 ( a1000 firmware ). Any ways.. I have little to no knowledge of any unix ect... im baffeled. I have the exact file name.. i burnt it on cd that is '112126~1.jar '

I looked within the file structure.. and i found a folder named /bin/patch so i tryed to copy it here.. no luck. I have tryed to do this threw the managment console.. again no luck. I have 5 a1000's sitting here that i NEED to update the firmware on and im simply stuk. Once i get it installed onto my sun box '220r' i know the procedure within rm6 to get the firmware updated. Please.. any help.. im in a terrible bind.

Thank you..

Steve Raas

If you don't have an unzip application on your workstation, download it from . Install the unzip application and unzip the .jar file... This will create a directory 112126-09. Run patchadd 112126-09

Let me clarify a tad... the sun box i need to install patch on is not the box im downloading the patch on. Hence the need to burn it on CD. I have a .jar version on cd, ill take it that this is a zip type file for solaris. I believe that my sun box has the ability to deal with zipped files.. i just have no idea how to do so.

Thank You

- Steve Raas

ok.. i have done a lil more looking around on my sun box.. i am able to attempt to unzip the file with the following command # unzip 112126~1.zip its not able to unzip the file for some reason.. its still on a cd rom.. as i have no idea how to get the zip file on the sun box even as a .zip file, to bypass the cdrom. I thought i had pound the folder for patches in /bin/patch but when i tried to copy the zip or jar file.. it said it did not exist.

Any more ideas?

-Steve Raas

You can't unzip the .jar file from CD because you can't write to the /cdrom directory. Copy the file from CD. You can put this .jar file anywhere that you have write privileges. The directory /var/adm/spool is a good place.
Use command cp /cdrom/cdrom0/112126-09.jar /var/adm/spool/

I'm at home at the moment... Make sure the /var/adm/spool is a directory.

The /bin directory is for executables.

Got the patch installed... and executed to my a1000's.

Thank YOU!

-Steve Raas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back