Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 8 vs. 9 Certification Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

lehan

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
US
Hi all,

I Have a couple of questions:
First, I am trying to decide whether to pursue my Solaris Certification on Solaris 8 or 9. I am not really sure if there is a big difference and which would be a better choice?

Second, I am Also trying to decide if I should take some courses (which can be super expensive) before the exams or if I should just rely on books, study guides and/or online training (recommendations to any of this material would be great help).

I am a Microsoft admin and have been doing Unix administration for about 8 months. My company is begining to use Solaris heavily and I beleive its time for me to get certified (I also seem to enjoy it more than Microsoft). I did take a short Unix course (HP-UX) a few years ago and my knowledge of Unix is moderate. Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
lehan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back