Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 8 07/03 passwd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsuba

MIS
Oct 8, 2001
BR
Hi all,
I am having some problems concearning to passwd -e command. I have 8 new machines with Solaris 8 07/03 installed with recommended patches of 12/04/2004 returning Segmentation Fault after issuing the command "passwd -e username". Eg:
# passwd -e test
Old Shell: /sbin/sh
New Shell: /usr/bin/ksh
Segmentation Fault
#
I really think that the recommended patches installer an update of some lib that passwd uses, and is messing up. But I'm not sure about that. Anyone out there have this problem? That´s no big deal because you can always edit /etc/passwd for that. changing passwords is functioning Ok. Any help would be apreciated.

tks
HTT

run
truss -v all passwd -e test
to get a tittle bit closer

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - "Home of the Whopper", oh no, "Home of the Oktoberfest" ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

tks, but I already did that, and that´s what mede me have this clue... and Sun Support Center is working on, but I would like to know if that problem affects anyone else with this same release.

regards

ok, I see, no I have never seen sth. like that...

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - "Home of the Whopper", oh no, "Home of the Oktoberfest" ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back