Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 8.0 network config setup for internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon67

MIS
Jan 30, 2001
US
I setup the following below and I still cannot ping or use my Netscape 4.7 to reach outside, but I could use the internal address. Anyone knows what else I need to do to get outside of my network? In addition, I can ping my internal router and it is alive. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

x=did not want to review network address.

All these files are placed in the ect folder
defaultrouter-192.xxx.xx.1
defaultdomain-xxxxx.com
netmasks-192.xxx.xx.0 255.255.255.0
resolv.conf-nameserver 192.xxx.xx.15

Do u run a proxy server on ur network.In that case u need to make the proxy setting. Are there any firewall issues?

No, we do not use a proxy server and we have other NT workstation running on our network and they are able to get to the net without any special port configuration to our firewall. Do I need to setup any other files in my etc besides the ones which I have listed? Do you have any other suggestion. Thanks in advance.

RE:
All these files are placed in the etc folder
defaultrouter-192.xxx.xx.1
defaultdomain-xxxxx.com
netmasks-192.xxx.xx.0 255.255.255.0
resolv.conf-nameserver 192.xxx.xx.15

In addition to those files you listed, you should (at least) check out /etc/nodename, /etc/hostname.hme0 (le0?),/etc/hosts, /etc/net/ticlts/hosts, /etc/net/ticots/hosts, and /etc/net/ticotsord/hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back