Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 2.8 Upgrade from 2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

krint

ISP
Jun 21, 2000
GB
Has anyone done this (successfully)?<br><br>I have mirrored O/S disks (SDS 4.1), and after an upgrade to 2.8, I get a LOT of fsck corruption. After clean-up, the O/S is unstable/scrambled.<br><br>Any suggestions on the procedure for an upgrade?<br><br>1) metaroot to change the boot device back to raw device<br>2) Perform upgrade<br>3) metaroot again to revert back to metadevice<br><br>Should work?<br><br>Thanks in advance,

I think you're missing a step...<br><br>1. FSCK and repair all errors in all mirrors<br>2. Metaroot to raw disk partition<br>3. Use the metadetach command so that the upgrade is only performed on a single submirror of each mirror<br>4. Remove all DiskSuite rc files (including sumbolic links)<br>5. Upgrade<br>6. Reinstall DiskSuite<br>7. Metaroot root device back to metadevice<br>8. reboot<br>9. metattach all submirrors detached in step #3<br><br>After following these steps, your upgrade should be happy and successful.<br><br>Good luck! <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Yahoo Messenger: coily2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back