Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 Zone Network Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

5jgibbs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2005
US
I can't seam to find all the options to configure a solaris 10 box zones. I have the ipaddress set, but I cant seam to set the default gateway. The zone can reach the local network, but I cant get anyplace off site with it. ex. trying to wget a file... cant resolve the host name and can't route.

Hi 5jgibbs,
you can modify routing table from zone only if NIC is in exclusive mode (zone ip-exclusive).
If you need to download software from Internet for install packages on "ip-shared zone" you can download the software packages from global zone and share this directory with your ip-shared zone like a software repository.

What I've had to do is set multiple default routes in the global zone. To do that you have to up an interface, set the default route then delete the interface from the global zone. That default route will then be available for any zone on that subnet:

This has worked for me:

/usr/sbin/ifconfig qfe1 addif XXX.YYY.ZZZ.34/24 up
/usr/sbin/route add default XXX.YYY.ZZZ.1
/usr/sbin/ifconfig qfe1 removeif XXX.YYY.ZZZ.34

now your zones can use xxx.yyy.zzz.1 if they are on that subnet.

It can be defined in the /etc/zones/zonexx.xml as example:
<network address="192.168.1.20" physical="nxge0" defrouter="192.168.1.1"/>

Roger Bosley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back