Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 / RAC / SAN Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafiki47

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2006
US
I'm trying to install an Oracle 10g RAC using 2 Sun V440s (Solaris 10) and a Sun Storagetek 6140 SAN for the clusterware files and database storage. Everything looks ready except for the SAN disks. I created 3 volumes - 1 for nonASM storage and two others for the Database files and FRA. Multipathing is enabled and when I run Format, I can see the SAN disks as I expect. How do I mount the nonASM disk to /u02 so that I can specify a path for the OCR? I tried "/dev/dsk/c4tyd0s3 /u02" and failed with a message about an invalid fstype.

Thanks for any assistance!

We found an answer. Instead of mounting trying to mount the SAN partition, we created symbolic links as follows:
ln -s /dev/rdsk/c4t6xxxxs3 /dev/rdsk/ora_ocr_raw_4g => for the OCR file
ln -s /dev/rdsk/c4t6xxxxs5 /dev/rdsk/ora_vote_raw_4g => for the voting disk

During install, the paths for OCR and voting disk were provided as /dev/rdsk/ora_ocr_raw_4g and /dev/rdsk/ora_vote_raw_4g, repectively. The install of CRS appears to be completing successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back