Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 on x3650

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilba16

Technical User
May 9, 2003
AU
Trying to install Solaris 10 on an X3650 (7979) and am getting pcplus :nmi interupt and the server reboots during install,around the time when asking for time locale.
I have disabled the reboot on NMI in BIOS but am unable to go any further at this stage due to reboots.
Assistance with a workaround would be welcome.

hi,
may be an HW problem: try to install (just for test) a copy of Windows Server 2003. If the problem perists, it is not a Solaris problem.

bye
vittorio

Thanks Vittorio for your response. This is a brand new server and has already had W2K3 installed on it successfully.

Does your Solaris 10 Install have these patches?
125034, 123840-04 and 118855-36 (These are required for the 125034 patch).

barhampa, it may not help, but go to the IBM redbooks site ( They have recently released a redbook regarding Solaris 10 installation on Bladecenter servers. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. I gave up trying to install Solaris
on the x3650 at this stage. I have installed in on some Blades and am checking this out. Will look at the x series issue a little later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back