Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 and inquire and sjirdtag

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamason

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
I am using Solaris 10 Networker 7.3.4, SL48 library and when I run inquire I can see my 2 drives but no library. Additionally I cannot use the sjirdtag command, as it says the scsiid is busy.I was told that with Solaris 10, Networker is using the Leadville drivers and sgen.conf

Is there any work around as I have scripts that depend on the output of sjirdtag?

I really would appreciate a speedy response.

Same story. Have you found an answer to your question?
We are using Sun x4140 server with Qlogic HBA onboard and SL48 attached. Solaris 10 and Networker 7.4.

And we couldn`t see library...

Try the following to troubleshoot:
ls -la /dev/scsi/changer
/usr/sbin/sjirdtag <special_file_changer>

For finding devices (assuming your library FC):
cfgadm -alv -o show_FCP_dev

Ensure that you have the entry
device-type-config-list="direct", "sequential", "worm", "rodirect", "optical", "changer";
name="sgen" class="scsi" target=0 lun=0;
name="sgen" class="scsi" target=0 lun=1;
into sgen.conf.

If you can't see library, there is some misconfiguration.
You can use the command "cfgadm -c configure cn" for configuring the channel; after that try to run "devfsadm -i sgen".

I have an open case with Sun on this too... library works fine with Solaris 9, disappears with Solaris 10.

Question: Did you perform a "Live Upgrade" to get from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10? In my case, I did use LU and the library disappeared once I booted into Solaris 10.

For fun, I tried a "virgin install" of Solaris 10 (onto a spare drive), installed Networker (V7.5.1) and it was able to see the library just fine.

That's interesting. I have a webex with EMC this morning about this topic. I will provide feedback on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back