Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sol 8 : can not open module /usr/lib/security/pam_authtok_get.so.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

christhomas1977

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help?

We have a Sunfire V880 with Solaris 8 installed.

We are getting the following error in the /var/adm/messages file and i can't find anything useful on the net about it:

cron[10716]: [ID 487707 user.error] load_modules: can not open module /usr/lib/security/pam_authtok_get.so.1

Anybody know how to stop this error from occurring?

thanks

Chris

hmmm...wish I could help you. I'm having a similar problem and have not found a remedy so far. my prob occurs upon boot up when trying to login (either via Telnet, ssh, CDE login or command-line login). I'm getting that load_modules: can not open module /usr/lib/security/pam_authtok_get.so.1 msg, along with another similar open_module error. if I solve my problem i'll reply again to your post in case it helps you...

tara

If you've just installed patch 108993-18 you might have to patchrm it and reboot.

Alternatively you could change any entries in /etc/pam.conf and remove any references to that library?

Annihilannic.

Is this error happening at random or when at a certain time/event happens?

ah yes, it indeed was that damn patch 108993-18, tho it took me digging thru the patch release notes after-the-fact (bad admin!) to figure it out. i hadn't previously run across such a "do this after applying the patch but before you reboot" sort of a thing with the Sol patches, so i wasn't in the habit of reading those like i should. they shouldn't do that....and i should (and will) be better about reading the patch release notes in the future! ;)

thnx annihilannic, just wish i'd've read this sooner ;)
tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back