Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha500

Vendor
Aug 10, 2015
US
I had a bcm50 crash that had 2.0.2.05e. I have another 50 with 6.0.2.05.237. Can these two different software versions communicate?

Your faulty BCM 50 was at release 2.0 and your other system is at release 3.0. Your will probably have to reload the system data in my hand and also the keycodes might be different between the two systems.

You won't be able to install the hard disk from thr 3.0 system into the 2.0 one without having another keycode generated.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

The 2.0 system that crashed the key codes are gone and everything vwith it. I have a 6.0 unit at my office ibwasvjustvasking if av2.0 and 6.0 will talk together like beenie and hillary

Lets try this again. I have two 2.0 units, one crashed. I havev a 6.0 unit to replace the dead one. Will a 2.0 and 6.0 communicate and play nice like trump and the media

We can get the keycodes for your crashed BCM 50 system. Just post the site ID. The BCM 50 at release 6.0 had many more features but it will depend on what the keycode had on it. Perhaps you can post the site ID for the release 6.0 as well and we can compare the two units.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back