Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software upgrade process for MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcintosh78

Programmer
Aug 3, 2010
US
Ok, its been a while since I upgraded a working MICS software version.
Moving from 5.0 to 6.1 and replacing a DS card with a CLID card.
Anything special need to be done?
Other then power down, swap and power up?

Make sure the Cartridge is at least RLS 2. Also I would do either Hardware or Software first then the other. I would not do them at the same time.

Thanks.
Will the soft programming stay, or does this turn into a total rebuild?

It should stay but you know how that goes. You may want to do a back up. But in the note of reprogramming if you don't care and you don't have a PRI code in the system then you can go ahead and change the software and hardware at the same time. Normally when you do it at the same time it will default the system.

I back up to what?
It is a simple set up. 10 extns, 7 pots lines and a simple CP100.

You need a fast rad which connects to a digital port on the MICS and the NRU software installed on PC. You connect to the Fast Rad with the Supplied Serial cable on a Com port.

Yeah, looks like I will be rebuilding as I do not have the fast rad. \

You need an upgrade kit for this upgrade, or you will loose the customers database. Once at 6, you can go to 7.1.
I'd just upgrade them to 7.1 Just as easy. Some of you trunk numbering may change.

The upgrade kit is the 6.1 software. If you don't need the last two expantion ports off your second 6 port then I'd just leave it at 6.1. Sounds like a basic set up so you should be good with that software level.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back