Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Upgrade Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuyy

Technical User
Feb 8, 2008
US
I am doing a software upgrade from 4.5 to 5.5 this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any step by step procedures.

Also, going to be installing 2 signaling servers and was wondering if anyone had a procedures or steps on that.

I know there are in the NTP's, but sometimes those are a bit wrong or there are things people in the field have done to make things faster.

One last thing doesn anybody have any approximate times on how long these take.

Thanks in Advance....

The NTPs are a good place to look. It is too long of a procedure to document here. Besides someone has already done it for us.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

I know about the NTP's was wondering if people had any tips or things that would make things go smoother

Nope NTPs have been good for me.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

tnphoneman's suggestion is best.

what you might want to do is go over the procedures in the NTPs and then post any questions you have that are not clear as part of the NTPs procedures.....

Sig servers are pretty fast, but make sure they meet the minimum requirements for memory, (not sure about 5.5 but 5 needs 1 gig memory )

The Call server (PBX) is dependent if it's just software, if you are upgrading the hardware, then it's difficult to even suggest.

Good luck.

I am just upgrading the software in the PBX itself, So the sig servers need min memory of 1 gig where?

The sig servers do require 1 meg in 5.5 also. I think the only way to see what memory it has is to hhok up serially and it will tell you at the beginning of the boot up how much memory is installed.

RAM

ISP1100 Signaling Server required 1 gig ram for Suc 5, not sure about 5.5

Yes sorry got blank for a minute I have 1 gig ram on each sig server....

I assume this is a large system? If is was a small system and you are adding signaling servers you would have to upgrade the call server hardware too. The upgrade procedure in the NTPs for the large system is pretty straight and simple to follow.

Check the NTP. Log the password for the Signalling Servers.
After it syncs up to the Call Server, the admin2 will get you in. Make sure you have admin2 capabilities.

So you set up the 1st signalling server. (install software etc)

Then on the second signalling server (install software and point to 1st ss to get config and such) been awhile 2 years on a 4.0.

That's the only thing that really through me.
There is the "default" ss password, and then after it syncs, it uses passwords of the switch / call processors.
es

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back