Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software tools for 3300 programming/maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundah

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
Greetings,
I'm looking for ideas on 2 different software tools I need for programming and maintenance on the 3300 ICP's. I would imagine I should be able to find open-source packages for both, but so far no such luck. What I'm looking for is:

.CSV editor for viewing/modifying the export/import forms. I need to be able to look at all the "cells", and do cut/paste, etc. All I've been able to find so far only looks at the first row to define the columns for the whole file, which doesn't work with the way the .csv exports are formatted. I realize most of us use Excel, but I'm looking for something that's open source/freeware that I can install on, say, an Enterprise Manager server.

TLS/SSL Telnet client for logging into the 3300 ICP maintenance port (TCP port 2002). puTTY just doesn't work for this, and again, I'll be darned if I can find something that works.

Any ideas?

Hi,
did you try open office (excel clone within)?
And I think we use Putty to connect to all ports of the ICP (protocol: RAW).

Rene

I didn't even think about OpenOffice, however, it would be even cooler if I could find something small that could fit on a USB drive; I keep one with handy tools loaded on it so I can just plug it into whatever machine I happen to be working on and have at it.

when you say putty just doesn't work for logging into the rtc maintenance port what do you mean..

putty is the only thing I use to log in, in fact never even tried anything else.

are you setting up the port nr 2002 and protocol type to RAW?

No, the problem with putty is I wasn't using the right protocol, I switch to RAW and it works fine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back