Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Security Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanwan

ISP
Dec 2, 2002
US
Looking for a software program or hardware to impliment into my network to log what users are doing on a network. Such as what internet sites are being viewed and what is being downloaded. Any ideas?

We recently announced a set of bug fixes in Titan,v4.1 as well as dropping our 'beta' status.

Along with this I have completed a port of Titanto AIX,v5.2
for anyone interested in testing this port you can send email to info@titan-os.com. The AIX port will be published via in early November.

You can also get commercial quality support for Titan from titanuser.com

If it is web traffic in particular that you are interested in, you want to implement a web Proxy. The proxy allows you to log all web connections that are made, and if implemented in series with the internet connection, it can be done tranparently, without the knowledge of the user.

Squid is a free, open source proxy server that is highly flexible, but not for the novice computer user.

I personally use a squid proxy that is built in to my firewall. It does not log SSL connections though, that is handled by the firewall connection log.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back